Power outages can occur for multiple reasons, and while usually unexpected, it is a good idea to keep a few supplies on hand and easily accessible.
- Flashlights need to be at the top of your list to have on hand for a power outage, preferable a long-lasting flashlight that is super durable. Having more than one flashlight is a great idea as well, and spare batteries!
- Non perishable food. Some items to have on hand that you will still want to eat after an outage passes could be crackers, trail mix, protein/breakfast bars, dried fruit, etc. Keeping your refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible will help to keep your perishable foods lasting longer.
- Small first aid kit. Always a good idea to have this on hand in your home!
- Battery operated fan. This will come in handy and help to keep you cool during a power outage in the warm summer months.
- Portable phone charger. A modern essential! You’ll want to have a fully charged phone to keep up to date with outage information and to keep in touch with family/friends.