No matter where you are living, there are always ways to live more sustainably. We’ve listed out some easy tips and tricks to help you live a more resourceful, healthy lifestyle.
- One of the easiest tasks you can do at home to help reduce the energy you use is to unplug your devices at night and when not in use. Keeping your phone charger unplugged when not in use (not charging your phone all night), making sure all kitchen appliances are unplugged when not in use – toasters, toaster ovens, coffee machines, blenders, etc.
- Switch from standard incandescent bulbs to LED light bulbs where possible.
- Recycle, recycle, recycle! (Recycling is offered at all of Rockwood Living’s living communities).
- Using household products to clean your space instead of harsh chemical cleaners. An easy all-purpose cleaner can be made with one part distilled white vinegar, two parts water, and a squeeze of lemon.
- Washing your clothes with cold water, if not too dirty.
- Decorate your space with plants! Plants liven up the space while also improving indoor air quality.